Data analysis is the act of transforming data with the aim of extracting useful information and facilitating conclusions. Web data analysis is a usual activity on the internet today, which is why conducted by mostly by everyone either directly or indirectly. Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability introduce statistics as a problem-solving process. Companies, shop keepers, wholesalers, vendors etc. does an analysis of their sales figure, profit-loss and other reports with the data available with them.
Even, housewife does a virtual analysis of the household stock and there monthly expenditure. Similarly, web analytics is gaining a momentum among the websites and portals. It is an activity that is being carried out by the corporate those who want to analyze the latest user trends and to be acknowledged with the details of the user who are visiting there online site. In short, Web analytics is defined as measuring of behavior of the user visiting a website
Web analytics helps to conclude the user trend, it can be used to determine from where the maximum number of users are trafficking-in to the site, their preferred sections, color schemes and the geographical distribution of the visitors. Any analysis requires data. The data for the web analysis is available in two ways. In short we can say that there are two methods for web analytics.
Data analysis is an important stage of the research process. Here are the common terms used in web analytics. Web Analysis will take the guess work out of.
1) Page View this is the number of pages that has been served by the web server.
2) Hit a request sends to the web server by any browser is termed as hit. The number of hits received by a website is used to ascertain its popularity. However, this is often misleading, since a single page may contain many images and other object that contribute to separate hit. For instance, if a page containing 20 images is requested by a user, then the hit counts for this page will be 21 (20 images and 1 page itself).
3) Visit / Session Number of requests from the identified client are known as visit/session.
4) Visitor / Unique Visitor - The uniquely identified client generating requests on the web server (log analysis) or viewing pages (page tagging).
5) Repeated Visitor As the name suggests it is a visitor that has made at least one previous visit.
6) New Visitor - A visitor that has not made any previous visits.
7) Impression this is the count of display of any advertisement on the user screen this screen is commonly used by ad and media agencies while giving advertisement on web.
Statistics are a vital tool in measuring environmental changes. Data analysis assumes different aspects, and possibly different names, in different fields. Data analysis programs in the package are designed to be run from a Web browser or on an internet script. Web Analysis provides a broad range of flexible, easy to use display types including grids, charts, pin boards, traffic lighting, and personalization.